Set yourself up for success in the new year with a financial checkup. Here are some essential year-end tax, planning, and financial housekeeping items to consider.
1. Maximize contributions to tax-advantaged retirement savings accounts including 401(k), HSA, or IRA accounts.
2. Reduce taxes by offsetting capital gains with losses from stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
3. Evaluate the progress of your investments toward your retirement, college, and personal savings goals.
4. Consider a 401(k) rollover or a Roth conversion to lay the groundwork for tax-efficient withdrawals in retirement.
5. Think about giving to charity and track all forms of donation to qualify for tax deductions.
6. Talk to your family about your legacy goals and gather your legal, financial and health-related documents.
7. Simplify your financial record-keeping by taking advantage of direct deposits, online statements, automatic payments, and retirement investment contributions.
8. Check your credit reports. Each of the credit reporting companies is required to provide you with a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months.
9. Create or update a family or personal budget.
10. Revisit your life and automobile insurance coverage.
Contact Your Financial Advisor
If you need help with any of your planning decisions, donʼt hesitate to contact our Financial Wellness Help Center at (888)201-5488 or email@example.com.
Neither Pensionmark Financial Group, LLC/Pensionmark Securities, LLC nor its advisors offer tax or legal advice. Always discuss any tax or legal matters with an appropriate professional.
“Year-end Financial Checklist for Working Professionals.” ABM. 2018. https://abm.emaplan.com/ABM/api/v1/StoredFile/e19fcdbb-7041-4661-a753-299689ad1e06/download